Isn’t it astonishing when you consider that the year is coming to a close? It was only last week – or so it seems – you were making plans for the upcoming year.
Like most optimistic entrepreneurs, you executed your strategic options flawlessly. And, like many entrepreneurs, you discovered some of the strategies got you closer to your objectives and others – well, let’s face it, you wasted paper creating them. Despite wrapping up final figures, there remains one strategy requiring your attention: celebrating your achievements.
Regardless of your successes or failures, it’s worth noting that if you’re reading this, you’re still in business! The fact that the doors to your business remain open means two things: you did many of the right things and you did many things right.
Before you break out in “Auld Lang Syne” and pop the champagne on the new year, let’s put 10 minutes on the clock and see how many achievements, large and small, you have realized this past year.
Here are some questions to get you started:
- What did you learn that accelerates your growth moving forward?
- What did you learn that you know you’ll never repeat?
- What new skill did you add to your quiver?
- What skill was improved or strengthened?
- Whom did you meet that positively influenced your business?
- What area of your business is stronger today?
- What are you able to see along the horizon that wasn’t visible last year at this time?
- What events did you attend that were new and/or different this year whether it was for networking, marketing, or seeking assistance that caused you to stretch your comfort zone?
- What was your most proud moment?
- What can you say about yourself or your business today that you were unable to say last year at this time?
As you consider the response for each question, you’ll undoubtedly agree that despite the balance sheet or bank balance, you have much to celebrate that will serve you well long after this year has become a faint memory.
From our business to yours, we wish you a stellar new year!